Aggressively Representing Your Wrongful Death Claim
Losing a loved one is difficult regardless of the circumstances. The pain and sadness of loss often feel magnified if the death was due to the actions or negligence of others. At Scott W. Sheen & Associates, P.C., we understand the legal process surrounding wrongful death and serious personal injury litigation cases. We guide clients in northern Illinois through the process with compassion for their loss and a focus on their future as they move forward without their loved one.
Taking Action After A Tragic Loss
A wrongful death claim is made when someone’s actions or negligence causes the death of another. There are many circumstances that might result in a wrongful death claim, including:
- A patient dies as a result of a doctor’s negligence in treating or diagnosing their illness
- A car accident results in a fatality
- Any other personal injury case that results in the death of the victim ranging from occupational exposure to toxic substances to defective or dangerous products
- Someone who intentionally killed another was found not guilty in a criminal trial, allowing the victim’s family to bring a wrongful death civil lawsuit against them
Plaintiffs must prove the defendant willfully or through negligent behavior caused the death and that the surviving family members have suffered financially or emotionally from the loss. Proving culpability can be difficult. You need aggressive legal counsel to properly investigate and represent your claim.
Your Ally In A Complex Process
Determining the monetary award in a wrongful death case is complicated. There are several things that will typically be considered, including:
- Age of the victim
- Health and life expectancy
- Potential earning capacity
- Circumstances of those who will receive the money awarded
Given the complex nature of these suits, it is essential to have legal counsel who will aggressively represent your needs. Moving forward without your loved one will be difficult. We commit to pursue justice in your case in the hopes of bringing a sense of closure to you and your family during this difficult time.
Secure Quality Legal Representation Today
If you have lost a loved one due to the actions or negligence of others, our qualified legal team can help. Contact our office in St. Charles by calling 630-443-6200 or completing our online form. Se habla Español.