Workers Compensation Law in Illinois
If you have been injured in the course of doing your job, you are entitled to seek benefits under the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act. The process for requesting and obtaining benefits is very detailed and complex. The application forms are very detailed, and even the slightest error could result in a denial of your benefits.
When you are trying to recover from a work-related injury, you should not have to be concerned about meeting the unreasonable requirements of a confusing bureaucratic process. At the law firm of Scott W. Sheen & Associates, P.C., we have helped many clients to obtain the workers’ compensation benefits they rightfully deserve for over 23 years.
Respected Illinois Workers Comp Attorneys in Kane, DuPage, Kendall, DeKalb, Winnebago, Cook, Boone and Will Counties.
Common workplace injuries
Here are some common workers comp injuries:
- Repetitive motion injuries – Carpal tunnel results from activities like typing, causing numbness and weakness. Tendonitis can occur in hips, elbows, wrists, knees or ankles.
- Broken bones – Slip and falls or being struck by moving objects are the usual causes of these injuries.
- Head injuries – Concussions and other blows to the head can cause traumatic brain injury.
- Exposure to toxic substances – Chemicals, asbestos, or mold can result in respiratory problems, skin irritation, and organ damage.
- Back muscle sprains – Lifting or pushing heavy objects, or a slip and fall, can result in back injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries – Falls from any elevation, vehicle accidents, and being struck by cranes or heavy equipment can result in paralysis.
- Electrical shock – Construction workers, telephone pole and electrical workers may contact live wires.
- Shoulder and knee injuries – Dislocated shoulders and ACL and MCL tears in the knees can occur from squatting and lifting.
- Stress fractures – Overused, fatigued muscles are unable to absorb stress and transfer it to a bone, causing tiny cracks.
Injured workers should immediately consult with a workers’ compensation attorney.
Strong Representation from Start to Finish
The attorneys at Scott W. Sheen & Associates, P.C. have substantial experience in all aspects of the workers’ compensation process.
We have access to all the necessary resources to build a compelling case on your behalf. Mr. Sheen has developed relationships with a robust network of professionals, including investigators, photographers, physicians and other experts. We have been successful at obtaining benefits for lost wages and medical care and favorably resolving cases involving permanent disability and temporary total disability claims.
Injured at work? Call for a FREE consultation with an Illinois worker’s comp attorney
Contact our office today to discuss your workers’ compensation case with a lawyer. We are available during regular business hours and by appointment evenings and weekends. You can reach us by phone at (630) 443-6200, 1 866 NO WORRY (669-6779), our Contact Form at the right or via email at email@example.com.
We serve all Kane, DuPage, Will, Kendall, DeKalb, Winnebago, Boone and Cook Counties.